Monday 19 March 2007

Brief reflection for the feast of Saint Joseph

He is Holy Joseph,
because no other saint but he
lived in such and so long
intimacy and familiarity
with the source of all holiness,
Jesus, God incarnate, and Mary,
the holiest of creatures.
- John Henry Cardinal Newman


I'm a bit unwell today - unable to write the meditation I'd love to present. In Italy, of course, this is a great feast day, marked by celebration. After all, how many fathers had to put up with the likes of what Joseph faced? I remember well how distressed my mother used to be at the incident of the 'finding in the temple,' where the child was so busy confounding the scholars of the temple that he was oblivious to his parents' great worry.

So - for the moment - I'm leaving you this tiny reflection from Cardinal Newman. Blessings to all for this great feast.

No comments: