Monday 14 March 2005

Note about links on this blog

Both Gloriana's Court (and the religious links) are from my personal domain. The Star Course and Saint Aidan's are hosted by the other contributors to this site.

The "Anglican blogs" link is not associated with my own domain, and is included because, frankly, with 'blogging' being as new an 'art' as it is, I thought it might be interesting to see how others are developing this. It is not an endorsement of individual sites' content or style.

The new trend towards maintaining blogs somehow reminds me of the days when personal home pages first became popular... and many people seemed to think that the entire world was wondering what their height, weight, and IQ was. (In many cases, the text made it clear that the estimated number for that last had been most likely doubled. ) If anyone wishes to see what I had to write about this in 1996, my Internet site still has the Crusade for Class Acts on the Internet page... outdated though it is.

Once I get used to this blogging business, I shall undoubtedly compose a most irreverent guide for the blog world.... that should be a nice break after the Passiontide and Resurrection meditations I just know are inevitable these next few weeks.

Each blog needs one totally useless comment - and mine, for today, is that I have discovered that zucchini, lightly fried in butter and a bit of parmesan cheese, then tossed with goat cheese, is such a delectable Lenten dish that one can nearly forget (1) that one is fasting and (2) that one is poor and would greatly prefer smoked salmon. I'm going to save any meditations on holy poverty for a while - until, at the least, it is not so cold in here that I'm wondering if the cat's whiskers will fall off.

No comments: